Monday, June 16, 2008

The longest Sunday

Not having to wake up because you never fell asleep seems hard to do. To drink wine and read a book you already read before is almost a cliché. To read what someone dear writes to you and almost hear their voice pronouncing the words takes just a bit of imagination and feeling. To laugh and share is just plain human.

To run outside in the rain at 5 in the morning is like a passage form a novel. To hold your hand and watch the city light through the wet window of a speeding car is what I can find romantic. To lay on a swing in the back yard is classic. To try and tell the future in a game of cards is mystic.

To walk down the street and know I could end up anywhere is relaxing. To make you coffee in the afternoon makes any moment of my day feel just as fresh as the moment I woke up. To lay in bed next to you and not having to say anything is more than I hoped for.

To fall asleep without a worry is like childhood all over again. To wake up in your room is something I can’t describe. To kiss you good bye with no regret is like lifting a rock of my chest.

To do all this and to smile is living the longest Sunday.

1 comment:

Vladimir C. said...

And the longest Sunday is simply life... ?